Set in the Mabalingwe Game Reserve about 26 km west of Bela-Bela (Warmbaths) in South Africa’s Limpopo Province, this stunning lodge combines luxury and style with the best nature experience Africa’s “Big 5” country can offer.
Whether you enjoy hiking in unspoiled nature, game viewing from a vehicle, playing golf at the nearby courses, mini golf with the family,horse riding, or just prefer to chill on the wooden deck or swimming pool with its panoramic view over the Limpopo bushveld, this special holiday home has it all.
Here guests have the advantage of the privacy of a intimate lodge but also have the benefits of the extensive facilities of a major nature reserve. This includes the use of the sporting facilities, conference facilities, restaurants and bars, entertainment and, of course, not forgetting the 12,500 hectare game reserve, which is one of the few reserves in the region with the “Big 5”.
Visitors can enjoy all of the excitement of the bush without the worry of malaria or having to travel long distances to reach their destination. Mabalingwe Game Reserve is located within a 2 hour journey from O R Tambo International Airport and the city of Johannesburg. From Pretoria the journey would be a mere 1½ hours. A landing strip, for light aircraft and helicopters, is also available for use by visitors who are fortunate enough to have access to these forms of transport.
Apart from the many activities that are available, Mabalingwe also offer a range of game drives for those who would prefer the benefits of a game viewing vehicle and knowledgeable guide. This includes the options of early morning drives, night drives and drives specifically for bird viewing. These are all available at an additional cost. Please check availability and cost with the resort reception.
• Lounge area with luxurious furnishings including a 42″ plasma television set.
• DVD Player, DSTV decoder (cable TV) and home theatre sound system.
• Open, log fireplace fronting onto both the lounge and dining areas.
• Dining area with comfortable seating for eight.
• Breakfast bar with granite top and seating for three.
• Well appointed kitchen with oodles of cupboard space, gas fired stove, microwave oven and refrigerator.
• All the equipment necessary to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
• Scullery area with dishwasher.
• Guest toilet with handbasin.
Outstanding outdoor entertainment area consisting of
• Partially covered wooden deck with built in braai/barbeque and handbasin.
• Deck furniture including a table for those outdoor meals while the sun sets over the horizon. Africa at it’s best.
• Elevated fire pit for those who want to create a true bush ambiance.
• “Infinity” swimming pool built into the deck and with a feature waterfall down to the weir.
(Visits from wildlife are a regular occurance).
Four individual bedroom units all with
• Plenty of space to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.
• Quality furnishing in all units.
• En suite, spacious, luxury bathrooms. All bathrooms have baths and showers.
• Units 2 and 3 have twin showers.
• King size beds with accompanying linen and fittings.
• Sliding doors out onto a deck.
• All units have direct access, via a walkway, to the main entertainment deck.
• Ceiling fans
• Cupboard storage and vanity unit.
Complete your review by using the stars (1 = poor, 5 = excellent!)