South Africa’s covid restrictions effective 26 March 2020 have resulted in large numbers of travel postponements & cancellations. Given the far-reaching impact of this, and COVID-19 in general, we understand your need for flexibility with your travel plans. We have amended our booking terms and conditions (not applicable to any 3rd party bookings).
Should any of your travel plans, with RnR, be affected by any Lock Down or Travel Ban then we will change your date once, valid for 6 months from the date of travel at no charge.
Subject to availability and for travel in the same season as originally booked. Should the booking be moved to a higher season then the new seasonal rates will apply.
This free date change does not apply should the beaches / parks / public swimming pools once again be closed. RnR will do their best to try and arrange a move but this cannot be guaranteed. If travel is still allowed, then guests will be required to still make use of their accommodation booked. Should they decide to cancel – normal cancellation fees will apply.
Consumer Goods and Services Ombudsman (CGSO) Magauta Mphahlele moved to clarify confusion around rights and responsibilities relating to refunds.
Noting that consumer protection laws strike a balance between the rights of both consumers and suppliers, Mphahlele says her office empathises with businesses who stand to carry massive losses due to cancellations. “Therefore, we urge all parties to act reasonably and fairly as well as work together to minimise the impact on the economy, individuals and households.”
We also recommend that all guests take out comprehensive person travel insurance and that they check the policy schedule of included benefits thoroughly. Most travel insurance companies have an option to purchase an insurance plan with a ‘ cancel for any reason’ clause which should cover any trip cancellations for pandemics. Current insurance plans that offer cancellation insurance may only cover this in the event the guest/s is physically quarantined or a ban on all unessential travel is enforced.
New Terms and Conditions apply to all bookings from the 24 March 2020 until 30 June 2020.
Booking Date Changes:
- Should clients travelling with RnR Holidays not wish to travel on the dates booked, between now & 30 June 2020, due to the COVID-19 outbreak, this booking may be amended up to 7 days prior to arrival, and moved by up to 12 months at the same 2020 Rates – free of penalty or charge.
COVID-19 Changes / Cancellations due to a Travel Ban
**RnR Peace of Mind with a Free date change**
Should another travel ban once again be implemented due to Covid-19, and your booking be affected then we offer 1 Free date change – valid for 6 months & not subject to any new year rate increase. Subject to availability and same season as originally booked. Should you move your booking to a different season, then the higher rates will be applied. Should you decide to cancel – normal cancellation fees apply. Full refunds will not be given.
Should beaches once again be closed – this free date change does not apply. We will do our best to try and change your booking but can’t guarantee a move. Should guests then cancel – full cancellation fees appl
- Only one amendment to travel dates may be made and should the seasonal rates change to a higher rate and/or a different minimum stay be required , then the new rate and/or minimum stay will be applied and charged accordingly.
- What if I want to end my trip early? Unless there is an official travel ban in the country in which you’re travelling, issued by national or global authorities, you will not be covered by standard travel insurance if you wish to end your trip early. Only if you have purchased a ‘cancel for any reason’ (CFAR) policy will you recover some of the initial cost of the trip or, in some cases, receive support for the cost of returning to your home country. If the coronavirus outbreak has spread to a destination during the course of the trip, it is advised that you contact both your insurance and travel providers (i.e. airline, tour operator, agent, etc.) to discuss your best course of action
Outright cancellations of bookings:
- Cancellations prior to travel or cancellations due to the South African government or the World Health Organization (WHO) issuing an advisory or ban against travelling within South Africa will result in our standard terms and conditions and cancellation policies. Guests can also claim from their travel insurance.
– > than 30 days = 20%
– 30 – 15 days = 50%
– 14 – 7 days = 75%
– < than 7 days = 100%
- We have a right to alter these terms & conditions at any time. RnR will keep the T&C page of our website updated with any changes